1. The contract is between Babyface4d (Pregnancy Ultrasound Ltd) and the Customer (you) and shall be governed by the following terms and conditions. Nothing in these conditions will affect your statutory rights.
2. Babyface4d will provide a diagnostic foetal ultrasound (“the scan”). Our Sonographers are not in possession of your medical records or history and are therefore not in a position to medically advise you on any diagnostic results. You should always seek the advice of your Consultant and/or General Practitioner with any questions you may have regarding the Scan. Under no circumstances should the Scan be seen as a substitute for a dating, anomaly or any other scan offered to you by your hospital or General Practitioner during the antenatal process unless the Scan is being carried out as a result of a direct referral by your GP or Midwife and as such the Scan is a private scan to be treated as the equivalent of your regular NHS scan.
- The purpose of the Early Pregnancy & Viability Scan is to determine viability of an early pregnancy
- The purpose of the Reassurance Scan is to determine the wellbeing of the pregnancy.
- The purpose of the Gender Confirmation Scan is to provide a professional opinion of the gender (sex) of the baby.
- The purpose of the 4D Bonding Scan is to provide enhanced 3D/4D imagery for the purpose of parental bonding and to produce souvenir images.
- The purpose of the Presentation Scan is to determine foetal lie together with providing an estimate of size and weight.
Scan Report, Pictorial Imagery & Souvenirs
3. Babyface4d will provide either a written report in your maternity notes or in paper print format and/or measurement and / or estimated foetal weight results taken during the Scan. Babyface4d recommends that you contact your usual General Practitioner or Midwife to discuss the Scan results.
4. Babyface4d will supply an optional DVD video recording, electronic images on CD-ROM and/or still paper prints of the Scan. We do not specify length of DVD recording as this will be determined by the activity of your baby on the day. We will save as many appropriate 3D still images as possible onto your CDROM – we do not specify an amount as this is determined by the position and activity of your baby on the day. You have license to use the souvenir material on the basis that you will not use it for medical reference or for any other purpose other than home use. Please note that we do not record live imaging of fetal sex determination onto DVD. Babyface4d will not maintain any record of the souvenir scan images. In the cases of a Gender Determination or a 4D Bonding Scan, if in our Songraphers opinion, your baby’s position at the time of the scan prevents gender determination or the production of suitable souvenir pictorial 3D/4D images, you will be offered one complimentary rescan on an alternative date. Suitable souvenir 3D/4D images are defined as varying unobstructed facial profiles, not limited to face on, combined with imagery of hands and feet where achievable. Images can vary greatly within each pregnancy, as such BabyFace4D will not warrant the replication of any previous scan imagery the client may wish to make comparison to. The Sonographers professional opinion as to the suitability of the imagery obtained is final. In the event the Sonographer determines a rescan is required this decision will be made at the earliest opportunity and the remaining appointment time will be forgone. On the extremely rare occasion we are unable to obtain that which is required after your complimentary rescan, the Sonographer will provide a professional opinion as to whether the desired result would be achievable through further scanning. Any further scan would be chargeable.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT INCREASED BMI CAN SIGNIFICANTLY DEGRADE IMAGE QUALITY.
5. We will provide a glimpse in 4D motion where the position allows such imaging. In the event such imaging is not achievable at first glance, no additional time will be spent to obtain images. Failure to provide a 4D FREE-PEEP does not constitute reason for a rescan.
Price and Payment Terms
6. The price for the Scan will be the price stipulated at the time of booking, as defined in the BabyFace4D published price list.
7. In the event a complimentary rescan is offered, full payment for the original appointment will be required before any rescan appointment is confirmed. In the event we are unable to obtain imaging at a rescan appointment, not withstanding circumstances beyond our control, no refund will be made in relation to any unused scan time, the lack of imagery achieved or failure to confirm gender. If you choose not to elect for a complimentary rescan, or if in the Sonographers professional opinion a rescan will not achieve that which is required, the cost of the appropriate souvenirs as defined in the published price list will be refunded, we only take 50% of the full payment if a complimentary rescan is offered.
8. BabyFace4D are not bound to deliver a scan report or pictorial souvenir either in DVD, CD-ROM format or paper print until the cost of the scan is paid in full.
9. Scan bookings are allotted a specific time slot. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the Scan is carried out at the allocated time, appointment times cannot be guaranteed.
10. BabyFace4D accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal effects howsoever caused whilst customers are on the premises.
11. BabyFace4D reserves the right to modify the service without notice from time to time. If, by doing so, the service is materially different then you will have the right to cancellation.
12. BabyFace4D will not be responsible or liable for any incidental or consequential loss or damage:
- Caused by any act or omission by BabyFace4D or its employees, servants or agents
- Suffered by any person acting or failing to act as a result of the contents of any scan or any information supplied in
connection with the Scan. Nothing in this clause shall exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of BabyFace4D.
13. BabyFace4D will not be responsible for the breach of this contract caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
14.. The contract is governed by the laws of England and Wales and is the entire contract between you and BabyFace4D.
Version 1.2 updated 24th Sept 11
BabyFace4D uses information from sources believed to be correct, but may contain inaccuracies. The use of information from the BabyFace4D site is at your own risk. BabyFace4D will assume no liability relating to any errors on the BabyFace4D website. Information on the BabyFace4D website is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice and may not be used to diagnose or treat any condition without the consultation of a qualified heath care provider.
If you are more then 5 minutes late we reserve the right to cancel the appointment with the loss of your deposit.
A £20 deposit must be made upon booking an appointment. This is non-refundable.
We reserve the right to charge a late cancellation fee of £50.